Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CHANKONABE/SUPER ORIENTAL MARKET

So, I made an excursion to the local Super Oriental Supermarket (that's its name--I jest you not) and found a lot of goodies.  Unfortunately, I ate a lot of my haul before I could take pictures for you all. I found some especially tasty instant udon noodles. I went all Sandra Lee  



on them and jazzed the soup up with fresh vegetables and tons of meat, then put an egg in it. It's not chankonabe, but it was easy to make.  Aside from the fried tofu and chrysanthemum greens, the ingredients for chanko are not too difficult to find. I scored big and found some chrysanthemum seeds at the Super Oriental Supermarket, so I'll have greens real soon. Yum.

Anywho, here is a nice video on how to make chanko:
   

1 comment:

  1. Just a comment about making this work. Buy lots of quart size containers, then double the batch and freeze up a lot of it so that you are not making Chankonabe 24-7, 365. Also, load up on onigiri (Japanese rice balls) that are loaded with proteins, like tuna and salmon, and eat about 7-10 per day. Wrap them in saran wrap, and carry them to work. You have to eat/make them daily, though, because rice dries up quickly. Use the YouTube to find videos on making onigiri. In addition to this, prep up the John McCallum Get Big Shake and drink 10/per day. Boiled eggs and hot sauce are also one of my favorite snack foods. I carry them around and go through about 21-30 eggs per week.

    ReplyDelete