Sunday, May 22, 2011

MORE MONSTER MANGA/ANIME

A work buddy of mine shared some really kick butt anime with us to-day, and I was interested to see the manga from which the anime originated. I found volumes 1 and 2 in English from Yen Press:


The anime is available online from Baka with fan subtitles (Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for anything you download and do not recommend bootlegs.) 28.6.11 (28 June 2011) the DVD will be released of the first season, and there is an officially licensed version airing on Anime Network. I'm pretty sure you can stream it there.

Highschool of the Dead (HOTD) is quickly becoming one of my new side favorites to watch when I am not immersed in Bleach or Death Note or Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

It is like George Romero was plopped down in Japan and decided to write a manga. Do I really need to say more than that?

Another manga gone anime I am interested in is Blade of the Immortal:


That's all for now. Time for food and relaxation before going beddy bye. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Have you watched Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Higurashi: When They Cry)? They pretty much took romance/harem anime and added ultra violence with David Lynch inspired disjointed story arcs.

    Here's a review of the first season.
    Escapist Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of it, but I have not watched it yet. It and Evangelion are on my anime to-do list, which is quite out of hand.

    ReplyDelete